Sunday, January 23, 2011

3 Years Ago Today...

...I was in the hospital, in labor, with my first child, my baby boy.  That's right, Cameron is 3 years old today!!!  I'll try not to make this post too emotional, but I can't help but feel reflective and thoughtful as I think over the past 3 years of my life and his life.  It's good for my soul and heart.  


Here he is just a few hours after being welcomed into the world.  All 9lbs 5oz, 22inches of him.

And here are just a few of my favorite photos of him as a little babe.   



Oh boy...looking at these photos is starting to make my eyes get all watery.  Bring on the blubbering and gushing.  I apologize in advance.


The moment he was born and I became a parent, a mom, is the single greatest moment of my life.  Throughout his baby years, I would stare at his face, while he slept, and felt like my heart would burst with love for this tiny little guy that had turned my world upside-down.  And still to this day, I watch him as he quietly plays or enthusiastically tells me a story, and my heart fills to overflowing with love and awe and wonder.  


Yesterday, my husband and I took Cameron on a special date for his birthday.  We braved the snowstorm and headed to the mall, so Cam could build a bear at the Build-A-Bear Workshop.
That was a pretty thrilling experience.  Here he is stuffing a heart inside his bear.

Cameron also got to ride the Carousel for the very first time.   He wasn't too sure about riding on any ponies, but was completely happy riding in daddy's lap.

And then we enjoyed a tasty lunch at Panera Bread.  I just love this little guy!

I am so proud to be his mommy.  What a blessing and a responsibility from the Lord. 
Although, I am happy that the "terrible 2's" are now behind us.  He's changed so much over the last year.  I think I'm really going to enjoy the preschool years with him.

I'd love it if you'd celebrate my son's 3rd birthday with me by using code "Birthday10" when checking out this week at our new shop and receive 10% off your order.

Happy Birthday Cameron!

0 comments: