Friday, March 18, 2011

Dresses for Haiti

A few weeks ago a friend invited me to a Pillowcase Dress making party.  Unfortunately I was unable to attend due to scheduling conflicts, but I loved the purpose of the party.  Her husband is traveling to Haiti on a missions trip at the end of the month and he will be delivering the dresses that were made at the party.  Since I wasn't able to join in the fun of making dresses at the party, I made a few at home on my own time, and will be delivering them to her soon.  I wish I could see the faces of the little girls that receive theses dresses.  I hope it makes them feel blessed.



I've recently been following along with another blog, Little Big Girl Studio, that has been doing a Sew-a-long for Dress a Girl Around the World.  They just wrapped up their sew-a-long with over 200 dresses made!  Amazing!  You can make and send in a dress to Dress a Girl Around the World at anytime.  We are so blessed here in America, what a great opportunity to give to others.

Laura

0 comments: